Sunday, May 17, 2009

RIP 360

Lee killed his Xbox. And after he worked so hard to get everything set up. It was just one thing after another. I found him upstairs in the middle of a million different cords. He had the entertainment center pulled away from the wall with electronics scattered all over the floor. He got everything untangled and put away, but then he couldn't find the port for the Xbox cable on the TV. The TV is bolted to the concrete wall, and it doesn't swivel. So how you are supposed to hook things up back there is beyond me... He thought he was going to have to unbolt the TV from the wall.

Finally, I found the port. My little rat hands were the only thing small enough to fit back there, and then I blindly found where the Xbox was supposed to go. We were so excited to finally have everything in place. Lee had been told that his Xbox would run on both 110 and 220 v, but just to be sure he double checked. And luckily, we found out that it is only 110-127 v before we plugged it into the wall. Whew. That was a close one.
So we got an adaptor. We plugged in the adaptor to the wall, and then the Xbox to the adaptor and flipped the switch. All of sudden we heard a big pop. Lee ran over to unplug everything, and check on his precious Xbox. He picked up the adaptor. He read,

"Do you not use for TVs, computers, or other electronics. Use for heating elements only."

Xbox. Definitely not a heating element. Oops. I felt so bad for him, he looked so sad.... but then he said,

"Gah. First I went and got married... and now I can't even play video games!"

Jerk!